Forum Haiti : Des Idées et des Débats sur l'Avenir d'Haiti

Rejoignez le forum, c’est rapide et facile

Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -15%
(Adhérents Fnac) LEGO® Star Wars™ ...
Voir le deal
552.49 €

Haiti - Social : Lamothe met with Haitian Taxi Drivers of Paris

Haiti - Social : Lamothe met with Haitian Taxi Drivers of Paris Empty Haiti - Social : Lamothe met with Haitian Taxi Drivers of Paris

Message  revelation Sam 21 Jan 2012 - 20:52

Haiti - Social : Lamothe met with Haitian Taxi Drivers of Paris Commission_bill_clinton_laurent_lamothe_wycleff_903193177

Haiti - Social : Lamothe met with Haitian taxi drivers of Paris
21/01/2012 15:14:22

The Minister of Foreign Affairs and Religious Affairs, Laurent Lamothe currently in Paris, France for an official visit of four days has just met with members of the Association of Haitian Taxis of Paris (ATHP), in his speech the Minister Lamothe declared that the Haitian taxi drivers are an extension of the Embassy of Haiti, they are ambassadors for Haiti, encouraging them to talk of the good side of Haiti and inviting them to come and take their holidays in Haiti.

"...members of the association I salute you, it's a great honor and pleasure to be here with you today. I chose to to meet with you as the first group just after my landing this morning at the Charles de Gaulle airport, I want that you know that by the work you do when you wake up in the morning to take your taxi, you are an extension of the Embassy of Haiti, you are all ambassadors for Haiti, because it is you yourself who are in contact with all the foreigners who would like to visit our country, it is you who are in contact to tell them about our country.

So as the new Minister of Foreign Affairs I come pay you tribute, I come to bow before you today to recognize the work you do in the community. [applause] Before I left, the President Martelly, at meetings of preparation, asked me who we will meet, I replied that we will meet with Foreign Minister of France, the Minister for Development Cooperation, the Minister of Culture. He told me that the first person that I must meet are the taxi drivers [applaud].

So today is an accomplishment, a landing of the proximity policy that we advocate that the President Martelly advocates a policy of proximity not only with foreigners but with the Haitians who work hard in foreign countries. So today I think it's a historic day and it signals a change in the policy of Haiti, why it signals a change? Because in all the promotions we do in the countries we want that it is you, all the ambassadors who are here tonight, we want that you are the first person back in Haiti, not to return fully, because we work so that everyone can come back, but we ask you to return, ake your vacation in Haiti, take your family, your children, talk to your children of your country Haiti, because the more you are here, the more your children grow up here, the more your children lose their identity with Haiti.

Our work at the government level is to create adequate structures to receive you, and now Haiti is the first country to which you have to think for your holiday, it is very important in the development.

This solidarity that we bring today with your association is the first step we take toward the proximity policy. We ask that all our embassies and consulates worldwide are working very close with the communities that is why we will start a campaign to promote the image of Haiti through the world capitals, we will do it here in Paris, New York, Washington, to Miami so that we can begin to project a different image of the country.

I think the message begins through you, I want awareness you, I ask your support, so that the world knows that yes in Haiti we have misery, yes we have problems but at the same time we have good things, we have 1700 km of beautiful beaches in the country, we have a culture, a past that is super rich, we have towns like Jacmel who have a history incredibly, it is necessary that we talk about these things as well, so the message begins from yourself..."

The the Minister Lamothe presented the government's actions and achievement for the people and listened the demands and problems of members of the Association of Haitian Taxis of Paris (ATHP) present at the meeting.

revelation
revelation
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin
Opinion politique : Senior Financial Analyst
Loisirs : walking, jogging, basket, tennis

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: L'analyste

Revenir en haut Aller en bas