Forum Haiti : Des Idées et des Débats sur l'Avenir d'Haiti

Rejoignez le forum, c’est rapide et facile

Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
WD Green SN350 – Disque SSD interne NVMe M.2 – 2 To
99.99 €
Voir le deal

what you did not know about bill clinton!!!

4 participants

what you did not know about bill clinton!!! Empty what you did not know about bill clinton!!!

Message  OBSERVER KEEN Mar 29 Jan 2008 - 12:21

Fool Me ThriceIt should be no surprise that the Clintons are playing the race card.

By Christopher Hitchens
Posted Monday, Jan. 28, 2008, at 11:59 AM ET what you did not know about bill clinton!!! 080128_FW_ClintonTNBill Clinton campaigns for his wife in South Carolina

How can one equal Bill Clinton for thuggery and opportunism when it comes to the so-called "race card"? And where does one even start with the breathtaking nastiness of his own conduct, and that of his supporters, in the last week? Barack Obama carries South Carolina having made no sectarian appeal to any specific kind of voter, and the best Clinton can say is that this is no better than Jesse Jackson managed to do. Really? Did Jackson come south having already got himself elected the senator from Illinois? And, come to think of it, was Jackson so much to be despised and sneered at when he was needed as Clinton's "confessor," along with Billy Graham, during the squalor of impeachment?
This calculated willingness to shop on both sides of the street of racial politics was actually analyzed quite shrewdly by Dick Morris, the former consigliere of the gruesome twosome, in conversation with Sean Hannity last week. The Clintons, he thought, would be quite happy to lose big to the "black vote" in South Carolina. It would enable them to signal that they were the ones to stem the flow of the color tide. Morris' host protested that this seemed a touch cynical. Morris jovially assured him that he knew the people he was talking about.
As indeed he did. It was Hillary Clinton who insisted on recalling Morris to the embattled White House, notwithstanding his various disgraces and notwithstanding the fact that he had been the adviser and strategist for Jesse Helms of North Carolina. Why am I saying "notwithstanding"? It was becausehe had performed so well for Helms, including helping him with the famous "white hands" ad that showed a white man crumpling up a letter that told him of preference for "minorities" in hiring, that Morris was thought of by the then-first lady as such a guru.

placeAd2('news/slate','midarticleflex',true)

I never quite understand how the Clintons' initial exploitation of racism was overlooked the first time around and has been airbrushed from the record since. After falling behind in the New Hampshire primary in 1992, and after being caught lying about the affair with Gennifer Flowers to which he later confessed under oath, Clinton left the campaign trail and flew home to Arkansas to give the maximum publicity to his decision to sign a death warrant for Ricky Ray Rector. Rector was a black inmate on death row who had shot himself in the head after committing a double murder and, instead of dying as a result, had achieved the same effect as a lobotomy would have done. He never understood the charge against him or the sentence. After being served his last meal, he left the pecan pie on the side of the tray, as he told the guards who came to take him to the execution chamber, "for later." Several police and prison-officer witnesses expressed extreme queasiness at this execution of a gravely impaired man, and the prison chaplain, Dennis Pigman, later resigned from the prison service. The whole dismal and cruel and pathetic story was told by Marshall Frady in a long essay in The New Yorkerin 1993 and is also recounted in a chapter titled "Chameleon in Black and White" by your humble servant in his book No One Left To Lie To.For now, I just ask you to imagine what would have been said if a Republican governor, falling in the polls, had gone out of his way to execute a mentally incompetent African-American prisoner.
Or leaf back, if you will, to the New York Timesof March 23, 1992, and the jolly headline, "Club Where Clinton Has Golfed Retains Ways of Old South." Yes indeedy, the Country Club of Little Rock had 500 members, all of them white, and the aspirant candidate had himself photographed there more than once until Jerry Brown made an issue of it. It was then announced by Clinton's people that "the staff and facilities" at the club were "integrated"—a pretty way of stating that the toilets were cleaned by black Arkansans. Yet all this was forgiven by credulous liberals who were sure that they had discovered a New Democrat who was a Southerner to boot.
Many of these same people do not like it now that they see similar two-faced tactics being employed against "one of their own." Well, tough. And many of the most prominent and eloquent black columnists—Bob Herbert, Colbert King, Eugene Robinson—are also acting shocked. It's a bit late. I have to say that Bob Herbert shocked even me by quoting Andrew Young, who said that his pal Clinton was "every bit as black as Barack" because he'd screwed more black chicks. How is Hillary Clinton, or Chelsea Clinton, supposed to feel on hearing thatlittle endorsement? One gets the impression, though, at least from the wife, that anything is OK as long as it works, or even has a chance of working. When Toni Morrison described Clinton as "black" on the basis of his promiscuity and dysfunction and uncertainty about his parentage, she did more than cater to the white racist impression of the African-American male. She tapped into the sort of self-hatred that is evidently more common than we might choose to think. Say what you will about Sen. Obama (and I say that he's got much more charisma than guts), he is miles above this sort of squalor and has decent manners. Say what you will about the Clintons, you cannot acquit them of having played the race card several times in both directions and of having done so in the most vulgar and unscrupulous fashion. Anyone who thinks that this equals "change" is a fool, and an easily fooled fool at that.back to top

OBSERVER KEEN
Star
Star

Masculin

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle:

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

what you did not know about bill clinton!!! Empty Re: what you did not know about bill clinton!!!

Message  Rodlam Sans Malice Mar 29 Jan 2008 - 13:56

I am not a fan of Bill Clinton.As a matter of fact I Had a discussion with my children for his impeachment because in my book he lied to the grand jury.But I have to be honest :I did not see any disrespect to Senator Obama when Bill Clinton said :"Jessee Jackson also carried South Carolina twice ."which is a fact.

The Clintons are not in the race to kiss Senator Obama.One can blame him perhaps for his remark of a fairy tale.But to say that the Clintons are hypocrits who are playing the race card both ways is a little too much for me to swallow.
Rodlam Sans Malice
Rodlam Sans Malice
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin
Loisirs : Lecture et Internet

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: Stock market

what you did not know about bill clinton!!! Empty Re: what you did not know about bill clinton!!!

Message  Thunder Mar 29 Jan 2008 - 19:23

Wi ! ...South Carolina ke yo pèdi a bon pou yo anpil, nan estrateji Clinton yo. Konsa, majorite moun blan va wè ke Nwa Vote pou Nwa parèy yo, yo menm ya vote pou Blan parèy yo. Bon...m te kwè ke liberal blan yo pa mele nan zafè "ras" ?

Vòt moun Nwa pa enpòtan kounyea pou Clinton Yo, sa ki nan avantaj yo se montre ke tout moun dwe vote pou "parèy" yo.
Thunder
Thunder
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin
Loisirs : Target Practice, Sports Cars, Konpa...

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: Le gardien

Message  alex jacques Mer 30 Jan 2008 - 9:36

Hillary ne cesse de denigrer Obama

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/30/opinion/30dowd.html?_r=2&ref=opinion&oref=slogin&oref=slogin
alex jacques
alex jacques
Star plus
Star plus

Masculin

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: Fou de son pays

Message  Rodlam Sans Malice Mer 30 Jan 2008 - 9:40

I told you to wake up ;you're living in the United States of America.The electorate is not color blind yet as some pundits want us to believe.Between "yes we can "and yes we will there is a long way to go.

Next Tuesday will be "Le coup de grace";mark my word.
Rodlam Sans Malice
Rodlam Sans Malice
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin
Loisirs : Lecture et Internet

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: Stock market

Message  alex jacques Mer 30 Jan 2008 - 10:07

San Malis,
I don't say no, I also said it will be difficult for Obama. However, the coronation didn't come the way the Clintons wanted it.

Thanks to Obama. She may win, but she had a democrat who had the courage to face the Clinton's Legacy who want to own the democratic party.

Go Obama
alex jacques
alex jacques
Star plus
Star plus

Masculin

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: Fou de son pays

Message  OBSERVER KEEN Mer 30 Jan 2008 - 11:18

if you do not see it, then you are not reading the context. why did not he say that edwards won south carolina fair and square? he said jackson for the following reason: both jackson and obama are black candidates in his insinuated opinion that won a heavily-black state, but that would go anywhere.
his comment came out of the blue.
you have not been following this campain because bill and hillary supporters have been trying to dismiss obama on many fronts particularly on the racial front in an insinuating and implicit manner.

OBSERVER KEEN
Star
Star

Masculin

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle:

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé