Forum Haiti : Des Idées et des Débats sur l'Avenir d'Haiti

Rejoignez le forum, c’est rapide et facile

Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -34%
-34% LG OLED55B3 – TV OLED 4K 55″ 2023 ...
Voir le deal
919 €

a new approach!

3 participants

a new approach! Empty a new approach!

Message  OBSERVER KEEN Dim 7 Déc 2008 - 17:17

Many people have tried to solve the Haitian problem both economically and politically using the approach of direct confrontation; but they have mostly failed because their approach has tried to get rid of the status quo instead of rendering the status quo irrelevant. in fact, with direct confrontation, the status quo is more likely to crush any direct and clear opposition because of its mastery of the existing game and its dominance over the actual and traditional circumstances. however, all status quo have one major weakness, that is they are not very creative, and are often too comfortable and mentally lazy to anticipate out-of-the-box-strategy from unfamiliar players.

what convinces me of this truth?
I have had the privilege of reading a book called the " blue water strategy" that argues that rather than trying to play the same game using the established rules, entrepreneurs should try to create new games or tinker with the existing ones in order to create new opportunities where old experience and established connections become a disadvantage. the book does not deal with politics, but business strategy. however, giving the inherent link between economics and politics, I have been able to see how the underlying concepts in the book can equally be applied to politics, particularly in the haitian psycho-politico-drama.
how? just as good business approaches make the competition irrelevant, self-created communities with a respectable local governemental system in relatively remote and neglected areas can induce political change through the power of their own achievements and the demonstrated superiority of their value-system-- in the process, their mode of behavior would become contagious, and therefore exposing, without direct confrontation, the outrageous failings of the larger socio-politico-economic structure. in fact, the basque territories in europe have accomplished just that-- when france and spain were going through poverty and chaos, the basque territories were thriving.

To see the relevance of the the "blue water strategy" in political history, take Europe for example and its once-powerful aristocracies. European history shows that the strength of the aristocratic status quo had depended on the same set of traditional circumstances outside of which it will later prove to be almost powerless. first let's look at the failings of the direct confrontation approach: the european peasantry had tried to confront the aristocratic land-owners in all kinds of political revolutions and revolts, but in most cases it had failed. but the capitalists and industrialists who did not confront the aristocratic gentry heads-on managed to render it irrelevant. how was it possible?
The new players accomplished that by creating new rules in a different game through the intricate web of commercial activities, industrialization and urbanization.

So how does that apply to Haiti?
similarly, in the Haitian problem, we have to realize that the objective goal is not to defeat the status quo in an epic battle, but rather to take advantage of its lack of creativity and its intellectual laziness and thus make the status quo irrelevant at the end of the process.

observations:
we know that the regional centers of power, Cap, Gonaives and Port-au-Prince are bastions of corruption, both political and economic; and that it is very hard to advocate for change without finding oneself on the receiving end of assassination threats or coup-d'etat; but there is a way around this problem, but it requires creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a renewed sense of humanism. note that I do not mention nationalism, but rather humanism; and I will later argue why humanism instead of nationalism.
to continue, there is a path to national self-actualization that I dub " inducement of change by social parallelization ".
what I mean by that process is for progress-minded Haitians to find areas that are remote enough from these major demographic centers and therefore free of their cultural influence.
In this process, our objective is to develop satellite communities,in these relatively non-polluted and neglected areas, capable of self-sustaining politically, economically, and intellectually; and these projects can be accomplished in suitable places such as La-Gonave, Ile de-la-tortue, and other areas where the local cultural field is almost free of the corrupting factors of our major metropolitan areas.
why these remote places? it is because these areas are places where people particularly the young still maintain a certain level of core-decency with an admirable ignorance of the quick-money-attitude-- In these areas, hard and honest works are still highly valued. In other words, we can strengthen this existent cultural attitude found among the neglected locals with intellectual curiosity, political courage, and spiritual purpose. by spiritual purpose, I do not mean praying to jesus, but installing in people a sense of spiritual humanism based on the love and seeking of truth and knowledge; In the process, we will be creating communities with philosophical and cultural foundations capable of sustaining healthy growth and spreading positive influence beyond their initial boundaries. keep in mind that these projects cannot be based on blind nationalism or tribalism of the skin-color that has been prevalent in haiti. it is worth mentioning that nationlism has always been a pseudo-love of country without true brotherly love. in our case, it has always been a denounciation of the other without self-examination; and I would stress that humanism as I have earlier mentioned is a much better alternative because rational humanism is virtually immune to corrupting influences becaue humanism by its very nature puts human dignity at the very core of its raison-etre; and therefore, humanism values communities, individuals and families as opposed to nationalism which is simply in most cases a mere ethnocentric arrogance of nationhood.

Why it can be done?
history shows that a crisis is always an opportunity, an opportunity to create and reinvent for the best. therefore, the hatian crisis reflected by its chronic economic, political and intellectual poverty is an opportunity to test ideas, philosophies and modes of behavior; because the richness of a nation does not depend on its natural resources, but rather on its human capital and their philosophy of life. for instance, japon has no natural ressources while the democratic republic of congo is overblessed with them; yet with different cultural and philosophical foundations, one is begging to feed its people( though its poors are walking on diamond and gold mines) while the other is an economic giant which only and most profitable ressoure is the human brain.

if attempted, we will succeed because this process of social parallelization will not be taken seriously by the corrupting forces both within haiti and outside of it; because an activity, whether it is a competing idea, philosophy or an army, is more likely to success if what it intends to replace or challenge underestimates its strenght and ability to transform its environment. in fact, the electioon of obama proves exactly that point; that one should never underestimate a talented or determined group of people with a new game plan. it was not destiny that made obama win, but his determination, preparation and game plan that took the political establishment by surprise because by expanding the electoral map and taking advantage of neglected opportunities(caucus red states, idealitist youth and so on), obama was able to create a new game where the new rules did not favor old connections, where old experience and old way of thinking become more a liability than an asset.

note: I will welcome all individuals interested in becoming an integral part of this project and willing to listen and consider different views and opinions on our way to implementing this very worthy plan.

OBSERVER KEEN
Star
Star

Masculin

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle:

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

a new approach! Empty Re: a new approach!

Message  Sasaye Mar 9 Déc 2008 - 8:20

Well, this approach is indeed new, as well as refreshing and creative. I must also add impressive.

This is about time we reassess what we have been doing during the last two centuries. In so doing, we must realise that we had it mostly wrong.

The fondamental flaw is our propensity to adopt or adapt, for our nation, techniques, ideologies and even myths that were designed for other countries or other peoples.

In so doing, we have unknowingly failed to address our ideals and our needs.

Apparently, this mentality is a legacy of our colonial heritage. If so, for how long and how far must we drag that carapace that is wearing us down?

I am impressed by the views expressed in that essay. Congratulations, Keen.

I wonder why there is no comment on that post.
Sasaye
Sasaye
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin
Opinion politique : Indépendance totale
Loisirs : Arts et Musique, Pale Ayisien

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: Maestro

Message  Rodlam Sans Malice Mar 9 Déc 2008 - 9:00

The thinking of this young man is so deep it requires some reflections and considerations before one can really comprehend the true meaning of his message.As I told him before he hits the nail right at the head,but I have my doubts that this strategy is operational in haiti ,considering the lack of ressources in the areas that are mentionned.Not only we lack human ressources for the implementation of such strategy,but also we lack natural ressources.

Keen mentionned La Gonave as an area where we could start.I have lived in la Gonave for two years.Unless a group of haitians go to this island with adequate financial ressources to operate the changes necessary to sustain the lives of the people I can assure you in the long run this island will be inhabitable.Good will will not suffice to renovate the island.

keen's concepts are not flawed,but he underestimates certain realities in my opinion.In the long run this strategy might work,but I am wondering how long it will take.What we're witnessing right now it's the beginning of the end of haiti as a sovereign nation.We need a strategy that can stop this process once and for all.Therefore, I think a revolution is the only way.I do not mean a violent one ,but poor haitians must look for a leader who comprehends the urgency of the situation.Not someone who can only says :"na naje poun soti."The leader must teach the people to swim fast before they died in this flood of miseries.
Rodlam Sans Malice
Rodlam Sans Malice
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin
Loisirs : Lecture et Internet

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: Stock market

Message  OBSERVER KEEN Mar 9 Déc 2008 - 12:51

This is of many plans that can be used. I realize that no short-term plan can help Haiti. no amount of aid can do. in fact, all short-term plans delay the realization of long-term plans. Haiti needs a new ethos, a new cosmology of life with legends suited for a different time; and that change can only be accomplished in remote and neglected areas, and then spread from there. you see, all movements need a geographical stronghold if it is to survive and flourish. take a page from religious missionaries or new religions. where do they go? when they want new converts, they do not go to urban areas where people are already too well established in their ways, they go in the villages where people are more impressionable. when people are impressionable, it is easy to teach them bad things, but it equally is easy to teach them good mode of behavior. it is that good reservoir and potential for great existence that we need to take advantage of for the better of tomorrow. we will not be the beneficiaries of the change but its catalyst.

OBSERVER KEEN
Star
Star

Masculin

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle:

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé