Forum Haiti : Des Idées et des Débats sur l'Avenir d'Haiti

Rejoignez le forum, c’est rapide et facile

Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -39%
Ordinateur portable ASUS Chromebook Vibe CX34 Flip
Voir le deal
399 €

Haiti 2010 Elections: Babylon makes me draw bad cards!

Haiti 2010 Elections: Babylon makes me draw bad cards! Empty Haiti 2010 Elections: Babylon makes me draw bad cards!

Message  jafrikayiti Mer 1 Déc 2010 - 13:15

As I said during a recent CBC interview: "Haiti's 2010 election is like a multiple choice exam where a cynical class master motivates his class to chose wisely, while knowing full well he has ruled out the one correct answer: none of the above"

I am not surprised to read the New-York Times article. Which contains among other gems: "Twelve of Haiti’s 18 presidential candidates were unpersuaded on Election Day when they declared — without evidence, and before the polls had closed — that the voting had been hopelessly tainted and should be canceled".

Really! without evidence!? This is indeed a case of telling the world: "don't believe what you see, believe what we tell you - stupid!"

The very prestigious New-York Times continues: "Two of them — Mirlande Manigat, a former first lady, and the musician Michel Martelly — backed away on Monday, perhaps because they seem to be the two front-runners heading toward a runoff in January".
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/01/opinion/01wed2.html?src=twrhp

Or perhaps it is because between Sunday and Monday they have been receiving phone calls and been summoned to meetings where "wise people" sang to them "don't you worry 'bout a thing! pretty mama" - N ap asire Miki nou toulede!

In fact this film is not truly original. Those of us who recognized the early signs have long ago detected the eerie similarities between the 2010 selections in Haiti and an election once held in Liberia where the front-runners where a popular former soccer star and a former World Bank offcial. Although, I have a feeling our Liberian comrades had less reasons than us Haitians to sing with Bob Marley "you make me draw bad cards!".

Leaving aside the African - Haitian comparison, someone should really take the time to contrast Haiti's 2000 and 2010 elections .

It would also be interesting to contrast the reactions to these elections:

1) First, from those who will face the brunt of the consequences: Haitians - in Haiti and the diaspora
2) From the real, larger international community
3) From the segment of said international community that has often placed itself in a situation of "conflict of interest" with Haitian electoral processes (coup-makers associated)
4) From the "mainstream media" - including those of the "free world"
5) From the alternative media worldwide

"Brethren, while you watch me die of thirst, you keep offering me a "choice" between vinegar and vinegar. I do appreciate your generosity my very Christian brother but, verily I say unto you: until I take my last breath on earth, I will keep seeking water!"

Mèsi wi!

Jafrikayiti
"Depi nan Ginen bon Nèg ap ede Nèg!"
(Brotherhood is as Ancient as Motherland Africa)
----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.jafrikayiti.com www.akasan.org

jafrikayiti
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: Bon neg guinen

Revenir en haut Aller en bas