Forum Haiti : Des Idées et des Débats sur l'Avenir d'Haiti

Rejoignez le forum, c’est rapide et facile

Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-28%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Précommande : Smartphone Google Pixel 8a 5G Double Sim 128Go ...
389 € 539 €
Voir le deal

ted kennedy on obama's camp!!!

4 participants

ted kennedy on obama's camp!!! Empty ted kennedy on obama's camp!!!

Message  OBSERVER KEEN Dim 27 Jan 2008 - 13:24

Ted Kennedy to Endorse Obama

[url=mailto://?subject=ABC News: Political Radar -- Ted Kennedy to Endorse Obama&body=Go to http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/01/ted-kennedy-to.html]ted kennedy on obama's camp!!! Icon-email Email[/url]
ted kennedy on obama's camp!!! Icon-share Share
var addthis_pub = 'abcnews';

January 27, 2008 12:26 PM
ABC News' Rick Klein Reports: Senator Ted Kennedy, D-Mass., will endorse Barack Obama's presidential bid on Monday in Washington, a source close to Kennedy tells ABC News.
The endorsement gives Obama a boost in the eyes of the Washington establishment, and comes after some prominent Democrats criticized Senator Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., and former president Bill Clinton for their campaign tactics before Obama's landslide victory in South Carolina.
Caroline Kennedy, the late President John F. Kennedy's only daughter, announced her endorsement of Obama in an Op-Ed for the New York Times on Sunday.
And in an exclusive "This Week" interview, Obama hinted that the senior senator from Massachusetts might be next.
"I'll let Ted Kennedy speak for himself. And nobody does it better. But obviously, any of the Democratic candidates would love to have Ted Kennedy's support. And we have certainly actively sought it," Obama said. "I will let him make his announcement and his decision when he decides it's appropriate."
Obama also spoke out on Bill Clinton’s involvement in his wife’s campaign after a week of mounting tension between the two camps.
In response to Bill Clinton’s comments comparing Obama’s South Carolina win to those of Jesse Jackson in 1984 and 1988, Obama suggested Bill Clinton’s "frame of reference" and racial politics may be outdated.
"His frame of reference was the Jesse Jackson races. That's when, you know, he was active and involved and watching what was going to take place in South Carolina. I think that a lot of South Carolinians looked at it through a different lens. . . As long as we were focused on those issues, we thought those would transcend the sort of racial divisions that we've seen in the past," he said.
The 55 percent won by Obama in South Carolina was more than double the 27 percent of the vote that went to Clinton, with Edwards coming in third at 18 percent.
But Obama did clarify, however, that he did not think Clinton’s comments this week were intended to negatively harm his campaign.
"I don't think they were trying to demonize me, but I do think that there is a certain brand of politics that we've become accustomed to, and that the Republican Party had perfected and was often directed against the Clintons, but that all of us had become complicit in, where we basically think anything is fair game," he said.
He also reiterated that the "slash-and-burn politics" that exists in Washington today "is not the Clintons' fault. It is all of our faults, in the sense that we've gotten into these bad habits and we can't seem to have disagreements without being disagreeable. So part of what I think we have to do is to set a new tone in politics. Not a naive one."
ABC News' Mary Bruce contributed to this report

OBSERVER KEEN
Star
Star

Masculin

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle:

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

ted kennedy on obama's camp!!! Empty Re: ted kennedy on obama's camp!!!

Message  Rico Lun 28 Jan 2008 - 18:17

Campagne présidentielle américaine

Le clan Kennedy choisit Obama

ted kennedy on obama's camp!!! Obama_reuters200 Barack Obama
(Photo: Reuters)

La fille de l’ancien président américain, Caroline, ainsi que son frère, le sénateur Ted Kennedy, ont décidé d’apporter leur soutien à Barack Obama dans la course à l’investiture. Un symbole de poids chez les démocrates.

Avec notre correspondant aux Etats-Unis, Jean-Louis Pourtet

Le clan Kennedy se ralliant à Barack Obama : quelle aubaine pour le candidat ! Dans le New York Times de dimanche, Caroline est la première à apporter son soutien au sénateur de l’Illinois. « Il me rappelle mon père, le président John Kennedy, il est une source d’inspiration pour les petits-enfants de mes parents », écrit-elle dans le quotidien new-yorkais.

Ce lundi, l’oncle de Caroline, le sénateur Ted Kennedy, va à son tour annoncer que lui aussi appuie le vainqueur de la Caroline du Sud. Un sacré camouflet pour Hillary Clinton, qui cherchait depuis longtemps à avoir le frère de John Kennedy dans son camp. Mais si celui-ci préfère soutenir Barack Obama, c’est parce qu’il a été écoeuré par la façon dont Bill Clinton a dénigré le rival de son épouse, en dépit de ses demandes répétées de mettre une sourdine à ses attaques.

Sa colère à l’égard des Clinton, avec qui il a toujours dans le passé entretenu des relations cordiales, est partagée par un certain nombre de personnalités influentes du parti démocrate. Celles-ci craignent que l’agressivité de l’ancien président contre le populaire représentant d’une minorité ne leur coûte la présidence en novembre.

Le ralliement de la dynastie Kennedy à Obama pourrait lui permettre d’enlever le Massachussetts le 5 février, un Etat qui penchait jusqu’alors plutôt en faveur de l’ancienne Première Dame.

Rico
Rico
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin
Loisirs : néant

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: dindon de la farce

Message  Rodlam Sans Malice Lun 28 Jan 2008 - 20:22

Pourtant le fils ainé de Bobby kennedy accorde son soutien au Senateur Clinton.L'endorsement de Caroline Kennedy peut-etre un bienfait pour la candidature du Senateur Obama ,mais je doute fort de l'influence de Ted Kennnedy sur l'electorat americain en dehors de l'etat du Massachussetts et meme la encore je me demande s'il a le meme potentiel durant sa jeunesse.

Tony Morrisson ,l'une des femmes influentes de l'intelligencia amercaine vient d'accorder son soutien au Senateur Obama,cet endorsement est, a mon avis ,beaucopup plus important que celui de Ted kennedy qui n'est pas aussi estimé que ses deux frères martyrs.
Rodlam Sans Malice
Rodlam Sans Malice
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin
Loisirs : Lecture et Internet

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: Stock market

Message  OBSERVER KEEN Mar 29 Jan 2008 - 1:39

it brings experience to the frontline; by having an experienced politician by his side, obama can fight back the inexperience card.
the person that gave the democratic response today is an obama supporter, and the democratic leadership appoved her message to coincide with the political philosophy of change espoused by obama. first time in history that the rebuke is called an american response, a non-partisan response. by choosing a governor from a red state, the democratic leadership is showing that it values the expansive works that obama has done by appealing to independents and republicans.
the establishment is no longer sure about hillary.

but while the son of robert kennedy endorsed clinton, his widow has endorsed obama.

OBSERVER KEEN
Star
Star

Masculin

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle:

Message  Invité Mer 30 Jan 2008 - 15:55

ted kennedy on obama's camp!!! Tkvideo_email

Invité
Invité

Message  ed428 Mer 30 Jan 2008 - 16:29

OBSERVER KEEN a écrit:Ted Kennedy to Endorse Obama

[url=mailto://?subject=ABC News: Political Radar -- Ted Kennedy to Endorse Obama&body=Go to http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/01/ted-kennedy-to.html]ted kennedy on obama's camp!!! Icon-email Email[/url]
ted kennedy on obama's camp!!! Icon-share Share
var addthis_pub = 'abcnews';

January 27, 2008 12:26 PM
ABC News' Rick Klein Reports: Senator Ted Kennedy, D-Mass., will endorse Barack Obama's presidential bid on Monday in Washington, a source close to Kennedy tells ABC News.
The endorsement gives Obama a boost in the eyes of the Washington establishment, and comes after some prominent Democrats criticized Senator Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., and former president Bill Clinton for their campaign tactics before Obama's landslide victory in South Carolina.
Caroline Kennedy, the late President John F. Kennedy's only daughter, announced her endorsement of Obama in an Op-Ed for the New York Times on Sunday.
And in an exclusive "This Week" interview, Obama hinted that the senior senator from Massachusetts might be next.
"I'll let Ted Kennedy speak for himself. And nobody does it better. But obviously, any of the Democratic candidates would love to have Ted Kennedy's support. And we have certainly actively sought it," Obama said. "I will let him make his announcement and his decision when he decides it's appropriate."
Obama also spoke out on Bill Clinton’s involvement in his wife’s campaign after a week of mounting tension between the two camps.
In response to Bill Clinton’s comments comparing Obama’s South Carolina win to those of Jesse Jackson in 1984 and 1988, Obama suggested Bill Clinton’s "frame of reference" and racial politics may be outdated.
"His frame of reference was the Jesse Jackson races. That's when, you know, he was active and involved and watching what was going to take place in South Carolina. I think that a lot of South Carolinians looked at it through a different lens. . . As long as we were focused on those issues, we thought those would transcend the sort of racial divisions that we've seen in the past," he said.
The 55 percent won by Obama in South Carolina was more than double the 27 percent of the vote that went to Clinton, with Edwards coming in third at 18 percent.
But Obama did clarify, however, that he did not think Clinton’s comments this week were intended to negatively harm his campaign.
"I don't think they were trying to demonize me, but I do think that there is a certain brand of politics that we've become accustomed to, and that the Republican Party had perfected and was often directed against the Clintons, but that all of us had become complicit in, where we basically think anything is fair game," he said.
He also reiterated that the "slash-and-burn politics" that exists in Washington today "is not the Clintons' fault. It is all of our faults, in the sense that we've gotten into these bad habits and we can't seem to have disagreements without being disagreeable. So part of what I think we have to do is to set a new tone in politics. Not a naive one."
ABC News' Mary Bruce contributed to this report

ed428
Star
Star

Masculin
Loisirs : Reading

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle:

Message  Rodlam Sans Malice Mer 30 Jan 2008 - 16:33

Now that John Edward is out of the race for the democratic party nomination who will benefit from his departure?We will have the answer next Tuesday.There is reality and there are dreams.I predict that the nominee for the democratic party will be Hillary Clinton.I honestly believe that she has a better chance to beat John Mac Cain or Mitt Romney in November.

That does not mean that Senator Obama should withdraw from the race after next Tuesday .I think he brings a new enthousiasm to the campaign,and I believe he should play a role in the new administration,not as Vice president, but as a leader in Congress.

Now my copncern is the Vice president .Who do you think will be an asset to the democratic party ticket?I do not believe a Hillary/Obama tickect is feasible and even viable.John Edwards would have been a better choice if ,at least, he could carry his own state of South Carolina .Considering his poor contribution to John kerry 's bid for the presidency. I think another Southener will be a better choice.

Dernière édition par le Mer 30 Jan 2008 - 16:51, édité 1 fois
Rodlam Sans Malice
Rodlam Sans Malice
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin

Feuille de personnage

Message  ed428 Mer 30 Jan 2008 - 16:35

Senator Kennedy's endorsement of Sen. Obama is very meaningful and a powerful one. It's also message to the nation in general, and to the base of the Democratic Party in particular. Best wishes to Mr. Obama.

ed428
Star
Star

Masculin
Loisirs : Reading

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle:

Message  Rodlam Sans Malice Mer 30 Jan 2008 - 16:58

Let 's wait next Tuesday to see if Ted kennedy's endorsement of Senator Obama is as meaningful as some pundits think.It did not help him in Flrida yesterday,although Senator obama did not campaign in Florida.

This is my opinion .I think Ted Kennedy's endorsement far from helping Senator Obama will in fact chase the independants and the republicans away from him.Ted Kennedy is perceived by the independants as a liberal.Right now I do not think a liberal's endorsement has any value.
Rodlam Sans Malice
Rodlam Sans Malice
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin

Feuille de personnage

Message  Rodlam Sans Malice Mer 30 Jan 2008 - 22:26

I just finished watching the Republicans' debate.my observation of Senator Mac Cain makes me conclude that a vote for Mac Cain is a third vote for Georges Bush.I do not think that Seantor mac Cain is any better than the actual president .One of the members of the panel asked the same question that Ronald Reagan asked Jimmy carter :"Are we better off than 4 years ago"Senator John Mac Cain has the nerve to say in some respect "yes".Where does he live?Not in the country where all indices of the economy are negative.Where people are loosing their home;where our children are not educated to compete in the globalisation of the economy; where our envrironment is detoriating at an alarming rate;where our old people have a hard time to buy medecines they need.

Another question which dominates the debate was the status of the american troops in Iraq.According to Mac cain it is wrong for the United States to schedule a withdrwal of the troops because the country will be a heaven for terrorists.Was Iraq a heaven for terrorists before the invasion?Are the iraquians better off now?What really did we accomplish there other than the overhrow and the hanging of Sadham Hussein?An evangelical priest on 60 minutes said unequivocally that life in Iraq was a lot better before the invasion.Why for God sake the republicans are wasting the ressources of the country in a immoral and illegal war?Is Mac Cain the right leader for this country?

What is really discouraging in politic is to witness that a candidate like Mac Cain has a better chance to become president of the United States than Pastor Huckebee or representative Ron Paul who,in my opinion, is the best republican candidate.I can not understand how somebody with common sense can glorify Georges Bush.I know that my pledge to the democratic party prevents me to be objective sometimes.But without any prejudice I do not know why Ronald Reagan deserves so much praise. was the country better off after Ronald reagan left office?Did he leave a balance budget with a surplus?Was the detente between the Soviet Union and the united States really the result of Ronald reagan militarism or the result of Gobarchev's pragmatism;who understands the futility of the arms race whereas 3/4 of the people of the world were straving.?did he leave a better environment;a better education ,health system in the richest country of the world?Did he leave the economy in a better shape?Did he restore the prestige of the United States in the World?

Dernière édition par le Mer 30 Jan 2008 - 23:19, édité 1 fois
Rodlam Sans Malice
Rodlam Sans Malice
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin

Feuille de personnage

Message  OBSERVER KEEN Mer 30 Jan 2008 - 23:04

ted is very much liked in the hispanic community. he is more liked in that community than bill clinton. so, his endorsement will carry weight among hispanics.

OBSERVER KEEN
Star
Star

Masculin

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle:

Message  Rodlam Sans Malice Mer 30 Jan 2008 - 23:13

Why then it did not happen in Florida?The only hispanic american Senator is a republican from Florida, if I am not mistaken.

Let us wait ,as I said before,next Tuesday to see if Ted kennedy's endorsement of Obama will help him carry Arizona ,New mexico, California , Texas,,new York ,New Jersey before we give credit to an endorsement which could be a liability instead of an asset.
Rodlam Sans Malice
Rodlam Sans Malice
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin

Feuille de personnage

Message  OBSERVER KEEN Jeu 31 Jan 2008 - 10:56

florida is a heavily rural white and conservative state. many people fail to realize that. about 85% of florida is rural and white, and conservative.
miami is not florida!!!
of course, teddy could not deliver florida because the political ideology of that florida packs against liberalism.
also the vast majority og hispanics there are cuban who vote overwhelmingly republican due to the castro factor!!!

OBSERVER KEEN
Star
Star

Masculin

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle:

Message  Rodlam Sans Malice Jeu 31 Jan 2008 - 11:05

However ,almost one million people vote for Hillary.Florida is not as rural as you think.Yes, there are still a lot of lands where lots of conservatists live,but there is a migration of northerners and South americans that has occured in the last ten years that makes Florida a cosmopolitan state.When I moved to the city where I live there were fewer than 70000 people ,now there are more than 115000 people who live here.

We will see the value of kennedy's endorsement next Tuesday.
Rodlam Sans Malice
Rodlam Sans Malice
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin

Feuille de personnage

Message  OBSERVER KEEN Ven 1 Fév 2008 - 0:09

ted is already working for obama in the hispanic community.
the lastest poll shows a statistical tie with clinton 43, and obama 40. that shows that much of the edwards vote have swollen obama's camp with ted's endorsement. the only sure two states for clinton at this point are new york, and new jersey.

OBSERVER KEEN
Star
Star

Masculin

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle:

Message  OBSERVER KEEN Ven 1 Fév 2008 - 0:19

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey in California shows Hillary Clinton with a very narrow three-percentage point lead over Barack Obama. The survey was conducted in the hours immediately following Florida’s Presidential Primary and before John Edwards dropped out of the race.
Two weeks ago, Clinton led Obama by five percentage points in California.
The survey found Edwards with 9% of the vote while 4% said they would vote for some other candidate and another 4% were not sure.
Obama had a narrow 43% to 41% advantage among the party’s liberal voters while Clinton held a 45% to 35% edge among moderate voters.
Obama held a three-point lead among white voters in the state while Clinton had a twenty-seven point lead among Hispanic voters.
Clinton trailed by eight points among men but led by ten among women.
Obama is viewed favorably by 83% of California’s Democratic Primary Voters, Clinton by 79%.
Sixty-nine percent (69%) of the state’s voters were certain they had settled on their final choice. That meant nearly a third could still change their mind, a figure that grew when Edwards left the race.
Forty-six percent (46%) said the top voting issue is the economy while 29% mentioned the War in Iraq. Clinton led by fifteen among those who view the economy as the highest priority. Obama led by eight among those who view the War as the top voting issue.
A Rasmussen Reports analysis of the Democratic race notes that “The numbers still favor Clinton. But, as every sports fan knows, sometimes the numbers don’t matter. Sometimes things just fall into place for an upset. More often than not, the underdog comes up a bit short—but not always.”
Clinton continues to hold a modest lead over Obama in the Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll.
Crosstabs are available to Premium Members only.

Rasmussen Reports is an electronic publishing firm specializing in the collection, publication, and distribution of public opinion polling information.
The Rasmussen Reports ElectionEdge™ Premium Service for Election 2008 offers the most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a Presidential election.
Scott Rasmussen, president of Rasmussen Reports, has been an independent pollster for more than a decade.

OBSERVER KEEN
Star
Star

Masculin

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle:

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé