Forum Haiti : Des Idées et des Débats sur l'Avenir d'Haiti

Rejoignez le forum, c’est rapide et facile

Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cartes Pokémon EV6.5 : où trouver le Bundle Lot 6 Boosters Fable ...
Voir le deal

Yon jenn boksè ayisyen

2 participants

Yon jenn boksè ayisyen Empty Yon jenn boksè ayisyen

Message  Sasaye Dim 8 Fév 2009 - 14:14

Edouard sets sights on major payday, middleweight crown
Sharon Robb
Sports Columnist
February 8, 2009

Daniel "The Haitian Sensation" Edouard talks about becoming world middleweight champion, making a million dollars and building a boxing gym in
Haiti.

"He has never forgotten where he came from, he is very close to the Haitian community," said longtime friend Tim Walker, president of Haitian Sensation Promotions.

"The legacy he is creating is doing significant things for Haiti and he is using boxing to get there."

Edouard, 28, the son of a West Palm Beach preacher, has a degree in Biblical Studies and minor in Organization Management from Palm Beach Atlantic. He is using those skills to rebuild a once-promising boxing career and promote his Haitian Sensation Foundation.

From 2005-2007, Edouard went through a change in managers and trainers, bouts of stress-induced hypertension, the birth of his son and divorce proceedings after two years of marriage.

A once-troubled youth, Edouard attended five different high schools before graduating from Gold Coast Community School.

"I have never gotten in a fist fight since I started boxing, I don't think I have even had an argument," Edouard said.

"Kids today are going through the same thing I did. I would like to think I can help other people, especially kids. I think the boxing gets their attention."

In seven years as a pro, Edouard (21-2-1, 12 KOs) has won several regional Caribbean and Latin titles, including the USBA middleweight crown, and currently holds the WBA Fedecaribe light middleweight, WBA Fedecentro light middleweight and WBA Fedalatin middleweight titles.

Each time he steps in the ring, he not only wants to win for himself but for his foundation that helps needy youths in Haiti and South Florida with tutoring and food distribution programs.

"It's a way for the kids to see me and hopefully I inspire them to want to do something with their lives," Edouard said. "I think that is my greatest accomplishment so far, being able to help others with what I do."

He said he's ready to reach the "world champion potential" those close to him have talked about since he won a National PAL title at Royal Palm Beach PAL and turned pro in 2002.

Edouard was closing in on a big payday as a pro. He had 10 televised fights on HBO, ESPN2 and Showtime but a series of setbacks Edouard calls "life's challenges" got in the way.

"I didn't understand the business," Edouard said. "There was no one to guide me and there were a few pitfalls. I tried to find my way."

Ranked as high as No. 8 in the world, Edouard lost to Jermain Taylor in February 2005. It was a fight he said he never should have taken so soon in his pro career. Taylor knocked him out in the third round.

"After that fight my eyes just opened and I realized boxing is bigger than me," Edouard said. "I wish I knew then what I know now. My old manager was incarcerated, finances ran out and everything hit rock bottom. I went back to the rebuilding phase and that always takes time."

His new manager Robert Pergament, of Boca Raton, calls him "a great kid with a killer's instinct punch." Veteran trainer Panama Lewis has given Edouard hope for the new year, which he calls "a rebuilding phase."

Last week he turned down an opportunity to fight on Saturday's Don King St. Valentine's Day Massacre card.

The old Edouard may have taken the fight on late notice.
"God gave you the ability and resources to think every good and bad decision out," Edouard said. "I take all the things that went bad and learned how to channel all of this and unload it in the ring.
I got nothing but hope for 2009. I haven't made that million dollars yet."

Inside the cage
American Top Team Sunrise will hold A Martial Arts for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital event Saturday at 4:30 p.m. This volunteer-based event will offer two sessions of kickboxing, one for adults and one for kids.
For each round that the participant completes a dollar will be donated by their sponsor. Anyone may participate for a $15 donation. For more information, contact organizer Roger Krahl at 954-742-5753 .
Sharon Robb can be reached at srobb@SunSentinel.com

See notable Haitian boxers in action at SunSentinel .com/boxers

Copyright © 2009, South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Sasaye
Sasaye
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin
Opinion politique : Indépendance totale
Loisirs : Arts et Musique, Pale Ayisien

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: Maestro

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Yon jenn boksè ayisyen Empty Re: Yon jenn boksè ayisyen

Message  Invité Dim 8 Fév 2009 - 16:49

Ti Ayisien gen talan, èlè yon jwen ankadreman, se sa nèt.

Go Haiti!

Invité
Invité

Message  Rodlam Sans Malice Lun 9 Fév 2009 - 10:22

Mwen wè li nan yon match mwen avwe ke depi map gade boksè ayisyen se premye fwa mwen wè youn ki vrèman genyen potantyel pou li rive chanpyon du mond.
Rodlam Sans Malice
Rodlam Sans Malice
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin
Loisirs : Lecture et Internet

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: Stock market

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé