Forum Haiti : Des Idées et des Débats sur l'Avenir d'Haiti

Rejoignez le forum, c’est rapide et facile

Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-29%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
PC portable – MEDION 15,6″ FHD Intel i7 – 16 Go / 512Go (CDAV : ...
499.99 € 699.99 €
Voir le deal

Was it necessary to send U.N. soldiers in Haiti in 2004?

Was it necessary to send U.N. soldiers in Haiti in 2004? Empty Was it necessary to send U.N. soldiers in Haiti in 2004?

Message  Rodlam Sans Malice Jeu 5 Oct 2006 - 10:02

The answer to this question depends on the respondents' point of view and interests.If one's interests were to retaliate against those who overthrew the dictatorship of the past and to perpetuate the satu quo through the resumption of the crimes of the Armed Forces it is without any doubt that the U.N. soldiers are handicaps to their goals.But if, on the contrary ,one's interests were to protect the poor people of Haiti against the atrocities of the military as it was done between 1991 and 1994 then ,in my opinion the presence of the U.N. mission is ,if not a success,a necessity.

In order to assess this mission impartially one must ask this question:What would happened if Guy Phillipe and Jodel Chamblain were allowed to take over the country to perpetrate crimes and retaliation against the population of the ghettos for supporting Jean Bertrand Aristide?The Rebels' acts during their march toward the capital should give an idea of what was going to happen in haiti.It is not improbable that the same massacre that was perpetrated in Rwanda could have happened uin haiti in 2004.Do not tell me I am overstating this idea.Reading the comments on moun.com one could realized how polarized and explosive the situation is.Don't they call for direct trips to Ti tanyen ,the old cemetery of their dictators,for those who do not share their allegiance and opinions.

In retrospect one could criticize the mission.Indeed a force of police officers would have been more appropriate than a military contingent of soldiers of different countries; for in Haiti the problem is not a conflict between two belligerant nations as in the situation between Isreal an lebanon in the Middle East;the situation is not even similar to the conflict in Yugoslavy.Did the mission accomplish its goal to prevent a civil war in haiti?I think it did.The election of President Preval in spite of all the crimes that are still perpetrated in haiti,which by the way are the works of those who are criticizing the mission ,is a testimony to the success of the mission.

Our hope is that the international community will help the haitian police force in providing the tools necessary to fight the criminals, the dug dealers and all the delinquants who are contemplating a holocaust in haiti because of their hatred of the first black independant nation.Indeed haitians should be careful with these neo-esclavagists who, in the name of law and order, want to resume the slaves trade in the world.
Rodlam Sans Malice
Rodlam Sans Malice
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin
Loisirs : Lecture et Internet

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: Stock market

Revenir en haut Aller en bas