Forum Haiti : Des Idées et des Débats sur l'Avenir d'Haiti

Rejoignez le forum, c’est rapide et facile

Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

"I have a dream"Dr Martin Luther King

3 participants

"I have a dream"Dr Martin Luther King Empty "I have a dream"Dr Martin Luther King

Message  Rodlam Sans Malice Sam 19 Jan 2008 - 8:26

"I have a dream"Dr Martin Luther King 3731010
"That one day my little poor children will not be judged by the color of their skin ,but by the Content of their character."Rev Martin Luther King.

If we do not want to be judged by the color of our skin ,but rather by the content of our character we should not judged others by the color of their skin.As Mr. Bill Cosby said;It would be ludicrous to vote for a person uniquely for the color of his or her skin.Our vote for a President should be more rational ,realistic and pragmatic.Although I am black ,that does not mean that I should vote for a black person regardless of his record or point of view.I am not saying that Senator Clinton is more qualified than Senator Obama;nor that she has more experiences in government.I think both of them are qualified to be President of the United States.But given the state of mind of the majority of white people and latinos also I think Hillary Clinton has a better chance than Senator Obama.Again this is just my opinion.

I admire Senator Obama's courage and eloquence;he made us proud ,and I would be glad if he were to be elected president of The United States .But does he have a chance?I am not saying that he should not seek the presidency.On the contrary, I applaud his courage,but as said :I am not ignoring Mrs.Clinton's record just because she is a white woman.As Abraham Lincoln once said :I am not going to be a salve; therefore I can not be a slave owner."I do not want to be judged by the color of my skin ,therefore I would not judge another human being by the color of his or her skin.

I can not wait for the primaries to finish so we can concentrate on fighting the Republicans who are leaving the country in the worst conditions :economicaly environmentally,politically sine the period of thwar in Vietnam.I hope after the primaries ;whoever is the winner will receive the support of all americans who really want changes in this country and in the world for that matter.With the globalisation of the economy ths election should be the concern of the citizens of the world.

I implore the american people to think seriously before casting their votes.Do not let the press influenced your decision;think about your future and your children future;think about the conditions of the planet ;are we going to continue to pollute it or are we going to change the way we're living in order to leave it to our grand children in better condition.Who is more able to implement these changes?Think about the mess we're in.Who put us in this mess.Are we better off now than eight years ago;where the country had a blanced budget and a surplus.Are we safer now.

I can not stop laughing yesterday or the day before when I watched President Bush embraced the Palestinian prime Minister.I remember the critics of the members of the republican party when Mrs. Clinton embraced the wife of Yasser Arafat.We pay a high price for the education of Georges Bush,I hope this time we do not make the same mistake.
Rodlam Sans Malice
Rodlam Sans Malice
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin
Loisirs : Lecture et Internet

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: Stock market

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

"I have a dream"Dr Martin Luther King Empty Re: "I have a dream"Dr Martin Luther King

Message  Invité Sam 19 Jan 2008 - 10:41

“I think both of them are qualified to be President of the United States. But given the state of mind of the majority of white people and latinos also I think Hillary Clinton has a better chance than Senator Obama. Again this is just my opinion.” Malice

Qualified

I believe that Senator Obama is more qualified than her. Unlike Mrs. Clinton who pretends that the experience of her husband is her own experience, Obama starts from scratch.

White people and Latinos

Black people have to vote for the most qualified candidate without any consideration of the choice of other group ethnics. Inside a team, each player concentrates on his job and doesn’t have to worry about the players who can or cannot do their jobs.

“I can not wait for the primaries to finish so we can concentrate on fighting the Republicans who are leaving the country in the worst conditions : economicaly environmentally,politically sine the period of thwar in Vietnam.” Malice

The US has elected more Republican presidents than Democrat. In other words, this country was built by the Republican ideology. It is the main reason that the country is so powerful, a good place for hard workers to live and realize their dreams.

"think about your future and your children future;think about the conditions of the planet ;are we going to continue to pollute it or are we going to change the way we're living in order to leave it to our grand children in better condition." Malice

I completely agree with you. They need to elect a president who can fight against those countries rich with gas. They cannot leave the dictators of these countries to lead the world and increase the price of gas as they want. We remember the Iraqi dictator and his sons who build luxury palaces and didn’t care about the poverty of their people. In addition to that, they still need to develop alternative sources of energy.

The fight is not over yet in the Middle East if we need a better future for our children.

Invité
Invité

"I have a dream"Dr Martin Luther King Empty Re: "I have a dream"Dr Martin Luther King

Message  Rodlam Sans Malice Sam 19 Jan 2008 - 12:22

My friend I am not for the law of the jungle.You can not impose your price on other people's commodities.What you can do is decrease your need for oil.If the fight is not over in the Middle east than we should atttack the Saudis first;did you see President Bush in the King's palace the other day?

You remind me of a Professor I had in College during the oil crisis in the 70's ;He had the same argument: the oil doesn't belong to the arabs therefore the United States should invade their countries and take control fo the oil fields.I asked him if he would agree that the arabs take control of the lands in California in order to produce their foods?He had the nerve to tell me that California doesn't belong to the arabs.

I agree with you those who think that Senator Obama is more qualified than Senator Clinton to implement the changes should vote for him without any consideration of color or race.For to vote for him just on the basis of color or race would be discriminatory.We're not fighting to implement discrimantory practices against anybody.As I said before I will support whomever wins the nomination.

The South carolina and Nevada primaries will determine the future of John Edwards.I do not think he will continue if he does not win in South carolina today.Pretty soon the race will be between the two front runners.Who will benefit the withdrawal of Senator Edward?

I think if Dr King and his wife were alive today they will adopt the same posture as Ambassador Andrew Young.let the people decide without any interference.
Rodlam Sans Malice
Rodlam Sans Malice
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin

Feuille de personnage

Message  Joel Sam 19 Jan 2008 - 12:44

Dufreined,

What do you mean ,the country was built "by Republican Ideology"?
Do you know the history of the political parties?Do you know that the Democratic Party ,founded by Jefferson,is the oldest continuous party on Earth?

Irony of ironies ,the Republican Party was founded by "lefties" of their time.
The political parties in the United States have complex trajectories.
This is the "Republican Party" of Theodore Roosevelt who busted the monopolies of John D.Rockefeller ,of Mellon etc.
Then ,after the presidency of T.R ,the party swung to the right and gave us the Great Depression.
The other cousin of T.R,FRANKLIN DELANOO ROOSEVELT swung the Democratic Party to the left ,created the greatest middle classes on Earth and made this country into the greatest economic and military power in the world.

Dufreined,
I am always willing to learn,define what you mean by "the country was built by Republican ideology"

Joel
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin
Loisirs : Histoire

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: Le patriote

Message  Invité Sam 19 Jan 2008 - 12:53

01 Washington, George Federalist
02 Adams, John Federalist
03 Jefferson, Thomas Democratic-Republican
04 Madison, James Democratic-Republican
05 Monroe, James Democratic-Republican
06 Adams, John Quincy Democratic-Republican
07 Jackson, Andrew Democrat
08 Van Buren, Martin Democrat
09 Harrison, William Henry Whig
10 Tyler, John Whig
11 Polk, James Knox Democrat
12 Taylor, Zachary Whig
13 Fillmore, Millard Whig
14 Pierce, Franklin Democrat
15 Buchanan, James Democrat
16 Lincoln, Abraham Republican
17 Johnson, Andrew War Union
18 Grant, Ulysses S. Republican
19 Hayes, Rutherford Birchard Republican
20 Garfield, James Abram Republican
21 Arthur, Chester Alan Republican
22 Cleveland, Grover Democrat
23 Harrison, Benjamin Republican
24 Cleveland, Grover Democrat
25 McKinley, William Republican
26 Roosevelt, Theodore Republican
27 Taft, William Howard Republican
28 Wilson, Woodrow Democrat
29 Harding, Warren Gamaliel Republican
30 Coolidge, Calvin Republican
31 Hoover, Herbert Clark Republican
32 Roosevelt, Franklin Delano Democrat
33 Truman, Harry Democrat
34 Eisenhower, Dwight David Republican
35 Kennedy, John Fitzgerald Democrat
36 Johnson, Lyndon Baines Democrat
37 Nixon, Richard Milhous Republican
38 Ford, Gerald Rudolph Republican
39 Carter, James Earl Jr. Democrat
40 Reagan, Ronald Wilson Republican
41 Bush, George Herbert Walker Republican
42 Clinton, William Jefferson Democrat
43 Bush, George Walker Republican

http://www.apples4theteacher.com/holidays/presidents-day/political-parties.html

Invité
Invité

Message  Rodlam Sans Malice Sam 19 Jan 2008 - 15:28

What does Democratic Republican mean?Were these presidents democrats or Republicans?Yes the republican party of Abraham Lincoln doesn't exist anymore.Joel is right these two parties do not follow the same ideologies since the proclamation of independance.If the Republican party had a man like Lincoln ,one should not forget people like Goerges Wallace and all the southern republicans who were against emancipation and desegregation.

It was in the 1960 Georges wallace was saying:Segregation now, segregration tomorrow ,segregation ,forever.Yet you find people who want to blame Mrs Clinton for praising President Lindon Johnson for his contribution to the success of the civil right movement.Do they really think that if Georges Bush or Ronald Reagan or Rudolphe Giulliani were the president of the United States the civil right movment would have the same impact.Who was the President of the United States when Dr King was assassinated "Didn't the presumed assassin proclaimed his innocence before his death.I remember seeing him answering Dr King son in the prison when asked :"Did you kill my father :

"No sir , I did not kill your father".A man doesn't lie when he knows that his days on this earth are a few.I do not believe that James Earl Ray killed Dr. king.Does anybody, in his right mind think that Lee Harvey Oswald killed John F.Kennedy?Why did they kill our leaders?

I do not know what a black man has to do with the republican party, not the way it is today.I will ride that donkey to the end of my road.That is my opinion.

Dernière édition par le Sam 19 Jan 2008 - 16:20, édité 3 fois
Rodlam Sans Malice
Rodlam Sans Malice
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin

Feuille de personnage

Message  Joel Sam 19 Jan 2008 - 15:59

I don't know what Dufreined wants to prove with his list.
Dufreined,
The Republican Party,the GOP,was founded in 1852.The goal of this party was the abolition of Slavery.

The progressists of their time were disullisioned with the other parties which were too pro-slavery for their liking.
When you see a president at the dawn of the Republic calling himself Democrat-Republican ,it is simply to differentiate himself from the Federalists.It is not the name of the party.
Look ,how Jackson designated himself.He called himself simply Democrat .By the time of his presidency,the discussions about what kind of government the country shoud have ,were over.
The ideas of Jefferson had won the day!

Jefferson,Madison,Monroe and Adams WERE NOT REPUBLICANS,THEY WERE DEMOCRATS.

Thr first Republican President was ABRAHAM LINCOLN,as i may repeat, the Republican Party was founded in 1852.

Joel
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin
Loisirs : Histoire

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: Le patriote

Message  alex jacques Lun 21 Jan 2008 - 2:23

Sans Malice,
It's your right to support Hillary, it's your right to have lots at stake in the Hillary's campaign. But I we like is not to demonize Obama just by dirty politics, not winning just by irregularities.

It's not about colour Rod, it's all about less CLEAN vs VERY DIRTY. Anyway I am waiting for some hidden true to come to light. Bill was not only the cheater. Same sex cheat is ditto.
alex jacques
alex jacques
Star plus
Star plus

Masculin

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: Fou de son pays

Message  alex jacques Lun 21 Jan 2008 - 2:27

En parlant de cela, qui est le vainquain des caucus du Nevada? Obama, Il a gagné plus de delegués que Hillary.
Sur 25 Delegués

Obama: 13
Hillary : 12
alex jacques
alex jacques
Star plus
Star plus

Masculin

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: Fou de son pays

Message  Rodlam Sans Malice Lun 21 Jan 2008 - 9:35

Senateur Clinton est declarée vainqueur des democrates et Mitt Romney des Republicains.Je ne comprends pas très bien les spécifités de cette election dans l'Etat du Nevada.Si Hillary a gagné la majorité des voix pourquoi a-t-on departager les delegues de cette facon.En tout cas chaque etat a ses lois electorales.L'important n'est pas tant de gagner un etat mais d'accumuler plus de délégués pour recevoir la nomination du parti.

Alex

Please don't go in the dirt.It will hurt both of them.Let us focus on ideas and what is really important.
Rodlam Sans Malice
Rodlam Sans Malice
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin

Feuille de personnage

Message  Invité Lun 21 Jan 2008 - 9:54

Obama: I feel like I'm running against both Clintons

Who won more delegates in Nevada? It's complicated.

(CNN) — There are several possible answers: Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and no one, and each answer is correct to some degree. The purpose of Saturday’s caucuses was to elect delegates to next month’s county conventions, where delegates to the state convention in April will be chosen. It isn’t until this April meeting where the state’s 25 delegates to the national convention in Denver will actually be selected.

Hillary Clinton indisputably won the battle for county convention delegates, nabbing at least 5,300 compared to about 4,800 for Obama.

However, one could argue that Barack Obama won the battle for national convention delegates – even though no national delegates were actually awarded tonight – if you assume that the national convention delegates would be allocated in proportion to Saturday’s caucus results. CNN, the Associated Press, and other news organizations adopted this approach and estimated that Obama would go on to win 13 national convention delegates to 12 for Clinton if both candidates remained in the race by the time of the state convention in April.

But how is it possible that Clinton could win a majority of county convention delegates and not go on to win a majority of national convention delegates?

Under state party rules, Nevada’s 25 national convention delegates were divided up across Nevada’s three congressional districts. Then, the party took the additional step of dividing the Second Congressional District into three parts: Washoe county in northwestern Nevada which includes Reno; parts of Clark county in the southeast near Las Vegas; and then the rural and sparsely populated but geographically vast counties that make up the rest of the state.

Of those three subdivisions, Clinton's best showing was concentrated in the Las Vegas area in Clark county, while Obama beat her in Washoe and in the rural counties. Obama’s win in these two key areas, which were worth more national delegates than the area Clinton won, enabled him to overcome Clinton’s estimated lead in national delegates in the rest of the state.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/category/states/nevada/

Invité
Invité

Message  Rodlam Sans Malice Lun 21 Jan 2008 - 10:18

Colocolo

Thank you for this article.Now I understand better this dilemma.I was confused because I thought in a primary election the winner takes all the delegates.I was wondering why do they split the delgates between Obama and Clinton.

In regard to Senator Obama's complaint about "running against both Clintons."He knows very well they work as a team,Does he really think that bill Clinton will be just a spectator in his wife's quest for the Presidency of the United States.Does he forget Bill Clinton's love for the presidency?Is Mrs Obama a spectator in this election?He can not blame Hillary for having a very admired husband particularly among the minorities.
Rodlam Sans Malice
Rodlam Sans Malice
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin

Feuille de personnage

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé