Forum Haiti : Des Idées et des Débats sur l'Avenir d'Haiti

Rejoignez le forum, c’est rapide et facile

Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Was I a good American in the time of George Bush?

2 participants

Was I a good American in the time of George Bush? Empty Was I a good American in the time of George Bush?

Message  gwotoro Lun 19 Mar 2007 - 23:27

Was I a good American in the time of George Bush?

Too many of us have done too little to stop the crimes of this White House. We are waking up but what took us so long?

By Rebecca Solnit
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article17316.htm

"The Guardian" -- - 03/14/07 --- -Was I a good American? How good an American was I? Did I do what I could to resist the takeover of my country and the brutalisation of my fellow human beings? How much further could I have gone? Were the crimes of the Bush administration those that demand you give up your life and everyday commitments to throw yourself into maximum resistance? If not, then what were we waiting for? The questions have troubled me regularly these last five years, because I was one of the millions of American citizens who did not shut down Guantánamo Bay and stop the other atrocities of the administration.

gwotoro
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: le balancier

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Was I a good American in the time of George Bush? Empty Re: Was I a good American in the time of George Bush?

Message  Rodlam Sans Malice Lun 19 Mar 2007 - 23:46

What else could an american citizen do ;I did not vote for Georges Bush.It is the responsibility of my representatives in Congress to impeach the President if he violates the trust of the people.;what can a citizen do in a democracy other than vote for responsible people.The culprit in this situation is the Congress of the United States.Politcians think too much about their reelection instead of assuming their responsibilities toward the world , their country and the people who elected them.

We respect the rule of the majority ,although Georges Bush was not elected by the majority of the voters . We agree for the sake of stability that he is our President.But that does not mean he was given a blank check to violate the constitutional right of the people'the right of free speech and free assembly.The american people did not give him the right to ignore the rules of laws that govern international relations between sovereign countries.Nobody gave him the right to lie to the american people causing our young people to die in an illegal and imoral war and to commit atrocities against the people of Iraq.

It was disgusting to watch 60 minutes last night where a young american Sergeant was narrating the brutality he committed against the people of Iraq where he became a beast in killing women and children without any regard for their right to live peacefully in their country.Wheter or not Saddam Hussein was a dictator is irrelevant ; it was not the right of the american to overthrow Saddam and to commit these atrocities against the people of Iraq .There are other dictators who commit the same crimes against their people as he did against the Kurds ?;Why didn't we invade China or the Soviet Union where they killing the peole of TChechnya;they have arms of mass destruction.Why the problem of arms of mass destrcution can be negotiated with North Corea through diplomacy and the same could not be done with Iraq?If the judgement of Nuremberg has any meaning I think these americans who commit these barbaric acts should go to jail including the Commander in chief and all the people who lied to the amrican people and the world in the United nations.
Rodlam Sans Malice
Rodlam Sans Malice
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin
Loisirs : Lecture et Internet

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle: Stock market

Revenir en haut Aller en bas