Forum Haiti : Des Idées et des Débats sur l'Avenir d'Haiti

Rejoignez le forum, c’est rapide et facile

Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -55%
Coffret d’outils – STANLEY – ...
Voir le deal
21.99 €

President Clinton on Meet the Press today

2 participants

President Clinton on Meet the Press today Empty President Clinton on Meet the Press today

Message  kami Dim 19 Sep 2010 - 12:35

>> Mr. President, let me ask you about your work in haiti, which has been extensive. i spoke to you on this program back in january, you told me the mission in haiti wouldn't just be to rebuild but to build something stronger. here are some disturbing facts about the reality in haiti. reports estimate only 2% of the quake debris has been cleared, 1.5 million haitians are in tents, $11 billion has been pledged over the next decade but only 18% of $5 billion pledged over the next two years has been dispersed. why is the progress slow?

>> first of all, on the housing, it's always the slowest thing. after we had hurricane andrew, right before I became president, people were still living in temporary housing in florida over a year after the quake happened -- after the hurricane happened. keep in mind, you had a third of this country totally devastated. it was the urban third, represented a loss of 70% of their gdp. so, we can't move them out any quicker than that. secondly, all the rubble that is in the city is normally in places where the roads are broken and, thirdly, we haven't been given much money. a lot of people promised all this money. what I've done with this commission -- we have a commission that's half haitian and half donors and they have approved an enormous amount of new projects. we have to have the donors give the money. If the donors don't give the money, you can't do the work. we will be moving this rubble out. on october 6th, we're going to have a big housing expo down there to talk about building si single units and multi-family -- multi-story units. one of the things that I think will happen, a lot of these builders will come down and help us get rid of the rubble by crushing it on site and using it there or carting it away in a much more easier fashion. we'll have to destroy a lot of that rubble where it is. we can't lift it up and move it away, as people would think. if we do, we can speed this up and get things going. the first new hotel announced there, two more hotels ready to be announced, thousands of people ready to go to work. if we build a road -- we have road approval now, and expand the airport in the northern part of the country. in the next six months, i think you'll see a dramatic acceleration if the election doesn't mess it up. they're having an election in the middle of all of this, highly unusual for a country in the throes of rebuilding (WOW). we'll get it all done.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/39256226#39256281

kami
kami
animatrice
animatrice

Féminin
Opinion politique : La séparation des pouvoirs
Loisirs : Lecture, Dormir

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle:

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

President Clinton on Meet the Press today Empty Re: President Clinton on Meet the Press today

Message  Le gros roseau Dim 19 Sep 2010 - 13:51

As usual I watch the three political shows on Television every Sunday.Today I was really impressed by their contents.Not only we have President Clinton and Gen. Powell ,two of the better american politicians, but we also have the Iranian President.The three shows were very informative about haiti ,the November election, and the ramifications of the nuclear program of the iranian government in the middle east conflict.

What is very interesting to me is President Clinton's assessment of the haitian situation,and particularly his comment about the election.It's no secret that I am against the election in these conditions,but even President Clinton thinks that the election can mess things up;He is right.The argument of the pro election people is that we don't need a provisional government right now.My answer to this argument is why not?we had succesful transitional government before with president Truillot; we had one with President Alexandre .Although Gerard Latortue was no performing as prime Minister as one would expect, but at the end we had a fair election.Is it more beneficial to the country that we let Preval and his corrupt CEP select one of his puppet as President in this difficult situation or let him finish his mandate in February and transfer the power to the most ancient judge of the Cassation Court who will form a coalition government with a clear mandate to realize a fair election at the end of 2011 or in the beginning of 2012?

Someone said long ago:"haiti n'existe pas".Listening to President Clinton this morning I wonder if haiti is really an independant country.I am wondering if such a disaster had happened in Israel would there still be 1.2 million citizens of Israel living in this horrible conditions even if the international community didn't disburse the funds it had promised.I also remember what ex Prime Minister Robert malval writes in his book :"L'année de toutes les duperies" to describe his frustations with the way the Aristide first government was functionning;he wrote:Les haitiens parlent beaucoup de leur pays ,mais ils ne l'aiment pas autant."Is it really necessary to rebuild the country that we depend only on the charity of the international community?

I am always asking this question:Why can't the government emit bond of reconstruction that haitians in the diaspora can buy as President Duvalier issued bond for national renovation in the 60's?Is it true that the 2 millions more haitians who are living in North America and in Europe can not buy bonds for 10 milliards dollars over a period of 5 years to rebuild their country?It is a shame that we become beggars who depend so much on the charity of others.

Le gros roseau
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin
Loisirs : sport ,internet,stock market

President Clinton on Meet the Press today Empty Re: President Clinton on Meet the Press today

Message  kami Dim 19 Sep 2010 - 14:06

Roseau,

Gin yo pwogram deja ki elabore, pogram nan etann ni souu 18 mwa. Bill clinton di nan 6mwa tout bagay ap komanse an plas, min antretan li di ke elksyon pral fet, li pa we sa d'un bon oeuil, sa-a souzantann ke travay yo pral subi yon ralantisman, donc, venir avec un gouvernement de transition n'es pas la solution.

D'ailleurs, pour investir en Haïti il faut avoir une stabilité politique et tout gouvernement de transition ne saurait apporter cette stabilité. Au contraire, un tel gouvernement apportera tout ce qu'il y a de négatif dans la marge des affaires du pays. La comparaison n'est pas possible entre les années 2004 et 2010, les choses ont beaucoup changées et les défis à surmonter sont énormes surtout après le séisme que nous avons enregistré. Le pays a besoin d'une continuité pour survivre et les 18 mois qu'avait demandé l'exécutif pour accomplir les travaux préliminaires s'avéraient donc nécessaires pour redémarrer le pays
kami
kami
animatrice
animatrice

Féminin

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle:

Message  Le gros roseau Dim 19 Sep 2010 - 14:23

Kami

ou di Bill Clinton di nan 6 mwa bagay yo ap demare ;ki jan li fè genyen asirans saa pwiske li menm di ke nan tout kob ke kominote internatyonal te di li ap bay se 18% ke yo bay 9 mwa apre desas la ,ki garanti li genyen ke yo pral debouse lajan an?konparezon li fè ant sak te pase Florida apre pasaj siklonn Andrew e sa ki ap pase an ayiti jounen jodya pa genyen konparezon.Fok Presidan clinton rekonet ke moun ki ap dirije peyi ya jounen jodya pa genyen konpetans ase pou rezoud pwoblem yo.Fè yon elektyon pou se menm moun sa yo ki kontinye ap dirije peyi ya pou mwen se yon pet de tan.e nanpren oken moyen pou bat ekip preval ak tout lajan ak sipò ke li genyen.se pousa ke mwen kont elektyon nan kondityon saa paske pati politik ki ta ka ba pep la yon alternatif Preval eliminen l ilegalman.

poukisa lè nou deboulonnen yon Preisdan ki ap defann enterè pep la nou pa wè pwoblem pou nou konfye pouvwa a yon jij nan kasatyon epi jodya nou twouve li pa bon menm si nou konnen se yon kout boul ke Preval pral ba nou. e bagay saa pral kreye plis divisyon nan peyi ya. mwen pa konprannn lojik elektyon nan nenpot kondityon saa menm.

Le gros roseau
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin

Message  kami Dim 19 Sep 2010 - 14:48

Roseau,

Avec tout respe pou ou kom granmoun map di ou yon kichoy.

Sim gin bon memwa seke ler Preval te monte o pouvwa premye fwa, li tap egzekute plan FMI kite rekonet kel te fe yon travay extraordinaire. Min, avek arive Aristide une 2e fwa au pouvwa neg sa-a refuze apliker politik ekonomik FMI paske selon li minm privatisation des entreprises de l'etat kwak non rentable te reprezante yon grenier de revenu pou vagabond chimeres yo et malfrat kel tap bay lajan yo chak mwa. Donk li pat kapab an faver pou privatization. Donk peyi-a vin-n tonbe nan yon fayit ekonomik d'ou masse protestation, revendication des classes pou mande le depart d'Aristide car anyin patap fonksyone nan peyi-a.

Regime lavalas te vin alor yon andikap pou developman peyi dayiti.
kami
kami
animatrice
animatrice

Féminin

Feuille de personnage
Jeu de rôle:

Message  Le gros roseau Dim 19 Sep 2010 - 15:15

Kami

tande byen sa map di w zafè privatisatyon saa genyen bon kote l li genyen move kote l.Sise jan Preval vann vietnamyen yo 3/4 aktyon nan teleco mwen pap janm dakò ak privatisatyon sa yo.Se pa ke mwen dakò ak jan Aristide tap voye yon paket moun nan teleko pou yo kale wes san fè anyen non. men tou se pa vann etranje aktyon nan antrepriz leta yo a vil pri ki ap resoud pwoblem perfòmans yo.se mete moun ki konpetan ala tet yo epi kite se direktè yo ki administre yo.si yon direkte jeneral pa bay randman se chache lot moun ki konpetan ki pou dirije yo se pa pase yon moun se militan politik ki fè li ka dirije nenpot bagay.

Le gros roseau
Super Star
Super Star

Masculin

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé